At Marie Stopes International...
Ensuring our clients receive the best possible care, with understanding and compassion, is our highest priority.
We understand that our clients want the best people looking after them, so we ensure that everyone involved in their care is highly trained and experienced. Marie Stopes International is committed to and invests in the continuous training and development of its staff.
In addition we continuously make improvements to the environment of our centres and ensure we have up to date equipment.
Marie Stopes International is committed to maintaining a clean and safe environment; we have processes and systems in place, which are audited against the ‘Code of Practice for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections’ in accordance with The Health and Social Care Act 2008. Audits are designed to reduce risks, ensure a quality environment and enable Marie Stopes International to sustain significantly low levels of infection.
Confidentiality and data protection
We know that confidentiality is vitally important, so we ensure that no information is shared with anyone (even a GP) without the client’s permission.
All client data is held securely.
Every client receives a personal pin number at the appointment booking stage that is only known by them and us and assists us in keeping information absolutely personal and secure.
Patient feedback and complaints
Marie Stopes International aims to provide the best possible service and care to all our clients. We always like to know our clients are comfortable and well cared for. If you feel your visit to a Marie Stopes Centre was a particularly positive experience, we would be delighted to hear from you. We accept however that there are occasions when standards fall short of expectation resulting in a complaint being made. We appreciate feedback of this nature in order for us to address any area/s of our service that require improvement and make changes where necessary.
Should you wish to make a complaint about any aspect of the service or care you have received, there are a number of ways in which you can bring this to our attention:
- By completing the client questionnaire given to every client before leaving our centres
- By telephoning the relevant centre to speak with a manager or supervisor
- In writing to Relly Lixandru, PA to the Director UK & Europe or Antje Schmidt, Head of Quality and Customer Services
- By e-mail to email@example.com In order to ensure privacy and confidentiality please follow up any e-mail correspondence in writing
We will acknowledge any written complaint within two working days of receipt
- A full investigation will be carried out, with the relevant team member/s, of the circumstances surrounding the incident/s
- Following the investigation a full response will be made to you within a reasonable time, usually between three to four weeks. Should there be any delays in this process you will be kept informed
In order to maintain confidentiality we cannot enter into any discussion or correspondence with a third party, without your permission. If you wish for us to liaise with a third party please give us your consent in writing.
Should you be dissatisfied with the response received, you have recourse to write to the Director UK & W Europe, who will review all the case notes and correspondence and will, in turn, respond as soon as possible. Finally, if your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction you can contact the Care Quality Commission from whom we receive our registration, the address is as follows:
Care Quality Commission
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 03000 616161